Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two of a Kind by Susan Mallery

Four years earlier, logistics expert Felicia Swift had a one-time fling with a Black Ops soldier. Now she's in Fool's Gold, helping her former crew set up the logistics for a bodyguard training school. Following this, she wants out. Felicia wants a normal life with a picket fenced house, a loving non-military husband and the requisite children. Imagine her shock when the low, sexy voice of a local disk jockey is none other than the man to whom she willingly lost her virginity in Thailand. Gideon Boylan pretends to fit in to the small community while keeping his distance. Two years incarceration in a Taliban prison where his comrades were killed has damaged him to the point he cannot do more than stay alive. However, when he sees Felicia, all the hunger returns. He can't offer her anything but a place in his bed, but for now that will suffice. Felicia needs to learn how to be normal in order to fulfill her dream, and Gideon can help her. But can they date and not become involved? Then fate throws a monkey wrench into their plans, and Felicia is the one who can help Gideon. Great story by Fool's Gold author Susan Mallery. While I loved Justice (who is like a brother—a very protective brother—to Felicia), I enjoyed watching Gideon grow. Felicia and Gideon have an exciting chemistry and the banter between them is superb. Two of a Kind is just that, a story about two misfits striving for a semblance of normalcy. How they achieve it is part of the magic of storyteller Mallery. Two thumbs up for this one.

10 comments:

  1. I love Felicia. There were so many times I wanted to shake Gideon!! I did not want this book to end. It was so funny and just watching these two finally get together was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how Felicia might not have had parents in the biological sense but through her life created a family from people she came in contact with! Love the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Two of a Kind. Loved the story of Felicia and Gideon. Lots of chuckles thru the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felicia is so smart, yet yearn to be "normal". I loved this book. Funny, sweet and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love Felicia! She is so honest and inherently kind! It was a joy to follow her as she tried to figure our social cues and fall in love with Gideon! Susan Mallery did it again! Fantastic books! I highly recommend!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we all move to Fools Gold with our family and just enjoy the town and its warmth and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book and loved reading about Felicia and Gideon not only falling in love, but finding a sense of family and belonging in Fool's Gold. This is my favorite FG book so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the town of Fools Gold So cool! Cant wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed, smiled and laughed some more throughout this book. I absolutely loved Felicia and her inability to be anything other than honest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Fool’s Gold. Felicia is so funny. In Just One Kiss, I was so curious of her, but in Two of a Kind, I knew I liked her. I knew she would be a good friend of my.

    ReplyDelete