Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Newcomer by Robyn Carr

Thunder Point Deputy Sheriff “Mac” McCain has struggled to keep his family together after being abandoned by his wife. It hasn't been easy, but with the help of a family member and his longtime friend Gina, things are moving along on an even keel. Mac has decided he and Gina will get together after the kids are grown. Mac has three and Gina has one, and she doesn't want to wait. In fact she's secretly wanted to explore a deeper relationship with the handsome law enforcement officer nicknamed “Mr. Yummypants.” As their romance grows, Mac's reasons for waiting evaporate, but then their lives are turned upside down when Mac's long-departed ex wife returns to Thunder Point. What will this do to their new-found love? The Newcomer is book two in Robyn Carr's new Thunder Point series, set along Oregon's rocky coast. It takes up where The Wanderer left off with the same delightful cast of characters and a few new surprises. I love Carr's storytelling, her delicious cast of characters and the pacing that keeps me turning pages long after I've decided I need to get some sleep. While I find it hard to replace my love of her Virgin River series, I'm feeling quite comfortable with this new locale and its characters. The drama of everyday life plays out beautifully in Thunder Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment